Friday, May 20, 2011

Life Drawings

Goodness, goodness! It has been a while, friends! I do apologize!
These drawings are a bit old now, but no matter, I figured it was about time I posted!

These next five I think I may have scanned in reverse order. They are from a day where my teacher, Colin, suggested I try using the side of my grease pencil rather than the tip. Just to see if it would loosen me up or something. To see what I could learn. In some ways I like the results and in others I really don't! Haha.






These next ones are from a different day. It was a day I wasn't all too happy with my drawings at first, but as the day went on, I think they got better maybe. My other teacher, Taylor, had recently suggested I work on accuracy, as he felt that my gesture was working, but my proportion got a little bit crazy. I could tell, though, that it was making me draw a bit stiffer. But it is still an important thing to practice! So many things to learn!











I have a batch from another day still, but they are not scanned yet.
Thanks for looking!
See you!
--Khaiya

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! That first one is incredible!!! Why, that's one of the best drawings I've ever seen you do!!! I think Colin's on to something! I can FEEL the mist of the water on my face!!! That's utterly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete